We are looking for a senior level art student with drive and initiative interested in learning about the aspects of running a gallery as a business. This person should be detail oriented, hard working, positive, punctual and flexible.
Our intern will be exposed to a variety of jobs that contribute to the management of the gallery. These include a number of functions that are not often recognized as part of the gallery business, including marketing, inventory maintenance, and special project assistance. We offer the intern an opportunity to observe and participate in the business side of the art world. The intern will be expected to take on specific responsibilities while at the same time be available to assist in various capacities in the gallery and the store. We feel this approach allows the intern to gain broad exposure and experience in the short period available.
Internship Responsibilities May Include:
- Creating Promotional Packages for LaFontsee Galleries
- Creating and Maintaining Artist Files
- Creating and filing display labels for artwork and gift products
- Maintaining gallery forms and files
- Maintaining a database of artist resumes and statements
- Art cataloguing for special projects
- Art inventory
- Gift Shop assistance: sales and inventory
- Gallery Installation of artwork and managing displays
- Art sales and customer service
- Cleaning/organizing poster and print inventory
- Preparation for and attendance at exhibition opening receptions or special events
- Attendance at staff meetings
- Facilities maintenance
Pay & Hours
The pay is to be determined. The hours will be between 10 and 20 per week.
How to Apply
Please contact Marlene Guter Seykora for more information at 616-451-9820 or email at email@example.com
Please email or drop off applications for the internship including a cover letter with resume and any references or other referrals.
(Note: Responsibilities and length of the internship are determined by the school’s credit requirements)